We’re not always used to having new people around here at Panel. We’re a small, intimate team and when new people join the team it takes us a while to remember how they drink their coffee. That said, David joined our online community panel a few weeks ago and he’s already the best thing since sliced bread. He’s charming, he catches on quickly and he smells nice.
We’ve decided to formally introduce David to you all by doing a 20 questions interview with him. Enjoy…
1. What is your full name? Izak David van der Walt (thanks parents :/)
2. How old are you? 25
3. Please give a brief history of yourself (where are you from, where did you study?): I’m pretty much from down the road (from our offices in Centurion). I did a bit of varsity jumping, doing my Communication Science degree at Rhodes and then moving on to the University of Pretoria and then UNISA. I have legitimate for moving around like this, but you’re going to have to ask me in person! I am now working on a Bcom Marketing degree.
4. Please give a brief history of your work experience: My work experience has ranged from waiting tables (which was the worst job for me); to running an art gallery; to working for Discovery Health and Discovery Vitality in Client Services. Not forgetting a stint in Greece working as a copywriter; as well as various editing, proofreading and translation jobs.
5. How long have you been working at ConsultaPanel? 1 whole month!
6. Describe your job role?
I am Sharine (the panel administrator) and Ingrid’s (our community manager) minion… just kidding! Along with Sharine
, my role is that of Community Administrator.
7. What do you find interesting about ConsultaPanel? The fact that ConsultaPanel is really one of a kind in the South African landscape is quite amazing. It means we are leaders in the field – and who doesn’t want to say that about their company?
8. What do you find interesting about market research? That you can get the most interesting insight into how people think; and they don’t even realise it when answering a question or two in a survey.
9. What do you do in your free time? Eat, sleep, watch TV. I used to gym, but work seems to be taking up that time lately!
10. Are you a cat person or a dog person? A goldfish person.
11. What do you think that says about you? I have an ice cold heart (just kidding!)
12. What is your interpretation of Lady GaGa’s “Bad Romance”? Well I can immediately sing along in my head…the pervasiveness of pop culture…
13. What was your nickname during high school? I was a loser, so I don’t have any cool nicknames!
14. Are you on Twitter? Give us your twitter handle. @davidvdwalt
15. Complete this sentence: “If money wasn’t an option and I got paid to do whatever I want, I would…..”
Travel the world, exploring new cultures and countries. I would also own an island and a yacht.
16. What is the best cure for hangovers? Cream Soda! (groen ambulansie)
17. The Higgs Boson scientists are busy discovering a cure for rabies – True or False?
True and False. They might be working on unrelated projects, who knows?
18. Gareth Cliff is funny and highly intelligent – True or False True and False. He’s very intelligent, not always funny – but sometimes he can be very funny.
19. If Facebook introduces an online payment / banking system, would you use it? Probably (sheep mentality)
20. LinkedIn is a boring social network and it needs a *poke* functionality – True or False? Well a good poke is never a bad thing…so I guess True
Now we officially know much more about David - and so do you! If you ever need help with a survey, information about something on the panel, travel tips for Greece or you just feel like sharing a picture your goldfish with him, you can drop him a line here: firstname.lastname@example.org