With the growingly popular presence of the internet and smart phones in South Africa, some of the best online communities in the country are being used as a way for people from coast to coast to connect with one another, discuss various topics and share ideas. An online community can be formed around almost any topic, whether it’s a women’s group, a university student group, an ex-pats abroad group, or a group for people who work in the same industry. Businesses and brands also benefit from online communities because they are a way to gain insight and gather feedback regarding products and services.
So what are some of the best online communities in the country?
- Bizcommunity – This online community is a must-visit for anyone in the marketing, advertising, media, communications or public relations industries. In addition to having a long list of job vacancies across South Africa, Bizcommunity hosts a range of discussion forums, provides leading industry opinions and news and allows you to create a profile to connect with other professional contacts.
- Greater Good South Africa (GGSA) – For the philanthropists at heart, GGSA is a community giving website that hosts a variety of causes you can support, no matter how much or how little you can afford to donate. Connect with other givers, search for causes close to your heart to which you can donate.
- Women24 – Ladies, this one is for you. Log on and chat about everything from the latest fashion to parenting to your career to health and fitness advice. There’s no limit to the amount of topics you’ll find at Women24.
- Girl Guides – Technology from a female point of view is what this site is all about. If you love gadgets and technology, this is the place for you. Log on to discuss product reviews and much, much more.
- Rainbow Nation – The slogan, “Connecting South Africa”, is exactly what this forum does. You’ll find everything from travel advice to bed and breakfast recommendations to shopping suggestions.
- ConsultaPanel – If you want to make sure your opinion about brands, new product developments and customer service gets heard, you need to sign up at ConsultaPanel. This company conducts online market research so that companies get the kind of feedback they need to keep improving the products and services they’re able to offer the people of South Africa.
These are just a few of the best online communities South Africa has to offer. No matter what your interests, hobbies or profession, there’s guaranteed to be something out there for you!
Back to best online communities