20 Questions with Elzeri Nel
Elzeri has been a part of the of the ConsultaPanel Team for the past year, not only does she have great hair and a knack at compiling surveys, but her quirky sense of humour is also quite contagious.
Find out where she’s from, what she does on a daily basis and what she thinks of R&B music here:
1. What is your name?
Elzeri Louise Nel.
2. Give us a bit of background about yourself (where are you from, where did you study?)
I was born in Ermelo and later moved to Middelburg where I matriculated in Middelburg. After school I was unsure of what I wanted to study, but definitely knew I wanted to go to the University of Pretoria and live in House Magrietjie. I graduated in 2011 and obtained my degree in BCom Communication Management. I’m currently studying towards my honours degree in Communication Management.
3. When did you join ConsultaPanel?
In August 2012.
4. What is your role here?
I am a Community Administrator. I’m responsible for the online experience of survey participants. I work closely with Consulta Research and my job is to give a ConsultaPanel spin to the research surveys.
5. Where did you work before joining ConsultaPanel?
I worked at a debt collecting company as a Relationship Consultant.
6. What do you enjoy about working here?
Mostly the people and being on the forefront of new research.
7. We’ve already introduced Sharine and David to the panel. Please share any of their bad habits / social ticks that you’ve picked up with the rest of the panel?
Well, Sharine has a unique type of sigh, it’s like a double sigh put into one when she is frustrated. David PVR’s Keeping up with the Kardashians!
8. What’s your worst habit or social ticks?
I start to giggle when I am nervous.
9. Which radio station do you listen to?
TuksFM (the local campus radio station)
10. On a scale of 1 to 10, how irritating do you find R&B music?
I take it 1 means completely irritated – then I would say 1 and a half.
11. Which sites do you browse while drinking your coffee?
Usually my Facebook page as well as my personal mailbox.
12. In your opinion, why doesn’t South Africa have Starbucks?
I have no idea, but I would love it if Starbucks started opening stores in South Africa.
13. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
The first four places that is a must see in my book: France, Italy, Brazil and the British Isles – Wales, Ireland and Scotland.
After I have visited the above-mentioned countries, I would love to go to Thailand again.
14. What’s your ultimate job?
I have so many things I want to do and still experience that I am not quite sure!
15. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
I am definitely a dog person.
16. How long can you stare at a blank wall before you get bored?
Less than 2 minutes, depending on how tired I am.
17. If your friends signed you up for Unbeatable Banzuke, would you go?
No idea what Banzuke is but yes I would definitely go. It sounds very interesting!
18. Can you cartwheel?
No, but I wish I could
19. Are you bored with these questions?
No, not really
20. What’s cool about working with a bunch of researchers?
Everybody is extremely curious and nosy. So not telling people something they want to know is actually great fun because they find it quite tormenting.
There you have it folks! Read more about our other team members here
Lizan-Mari van Heerden
There you have it! Now that you’ve gotten to know Elzeri a bit better, feel free to drop her a line whenever you feel like sharing your thoughts or opinions about ConsultaPanel (she’s also very fond of jokes, so feel free to drop her a good one-liner if you’ve got one). Elzeri@consulta.co.za
| Jessica Wilson | Sharine Potgieter