She is not only the youngest ever addition to the ConsultaPanel team, this adrenaline junkie will find any excuse to ride her BMW f800 GS Adventure (even in the winter); she is a committed student at the University of Pretoria and the LATEST addition to our team!
1. What is your name?
Lizan-Mari van Heerden
2. Give us a bit of background about yourself (where are you from, where did you study?)
I was born in Kempton but grew up in Pretoria. I went to school at Oos-Moot and then took a gap year. :P Now I am with my last year at the University of Pretoria.
3. When did you join ConsultaPanel?
I joined ConsultaPanel as a freelance team member in September 2013 and was offered a full time position in April 2014 – one day before my birthday!
4. What is your role here?
Currently I fulfil a Community Administrator position.
5. Where did you work before joining ConsultaPanel?
Before I joined the ConsultaPanel team, I worked at Protea Bookstore. I also helped at Royal Danish (yum)
every now and again.
6. What do you enjoy about working here?
The people and most definitely the company culture!
7. We’ve already introduced Sharine, Elzeri and Jessica to the community. Please share any of their bad habits / social ticks that you’ve picked up with the rest of the panel?
Online shopping! :D
8. What’s your worst habit or social ticks?
Sharing articles on Facebook so that I can go and read them again later.
9. Which radio station do you listen to?
10. On a scale of 1 to 10, how irritating do you find R&B music?
11. Which sites do you browse while drinking your coffee?
Stumbleupon, Pinterest and Gmail.
12. In your opinion, why doesn’t South Africa have Starbucks?
Because Consulta will most likely move their offices to Starbucks and no one else will be able to drink their coffee. Consultians < Geek note: that’s what we call ourselves at Consulta>
will also spend most of their salary there.
13. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
Everywhere! As long as I can go tour with my motorbike but on the top of my list is definitely going to explore the Amazon, Italy and Greece.
14. What’s your ultimate job?
A Ferrari test driver
15. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
Cat person by heart but a trained dog person.
16. How long can you stare at a blank wall before you get bored?
I don’t think I’ve stared at a blank wall before.
17. If your friends signed you up for Unbeatable Banzuke, would you go?
Sure! How difficult can it be…?
18. Can you cartwheel?
Hell no! I think it will look something like a cat falling out of a tree.
19. Are you bored with these questions?
A little bit…
20. What’s cool about working with a bunch of researchers?
There is never a dull moment and always some or other really interesting story being told. Suddenly Statistics almost seem interesting and you start seeing insights about things you haven’t considered before.
There you have it folks! Read more about our other team members here
| Elzeri Nel
| Sharine Potgieter